Thursday, March 24, 2011

pinky promise.(:

I've been thinking a lot lately at how the cliche "my, how time flies" is so very true.
 was looking back through an old photo album on my facebook and it had picture after picture of Ry.



10 months and just as cute as he could be!















so hard to believe he's 3 now!!


 
best friends forever. pinky promise.
















Clicking through each picture, I remembered a conversation Amy and I had recently about writing everything down that he used to say. I began to rack my brain...
It started out simple: Gip=pig. MooOoo=cow. Astheu=Ashley.
Then as he got older and started talking better, he came up with things like:
"b-nana", "mac-i-roni nuts" and one of my very favorites, "now I love you with my ABC's."
Now as he is getting older and proudly wearing that "big boy" title, it's more of: "let's sing the monkey song", "my mommy said I can stay at your house", can I have hot chocolate, please?" (chocolate milk) and "pinky promise?" (a question that melts my heart every time its spoken)

It's crazy to me how much he has grown...I can only imagine how Jason and Amy feel.(:
The last few years have flown by so fast. He's learning. Growing. He's not that 10 month old that laughs when you give him kisses...he's that "big boy" that wipes them off with the back of his hand as he is walking away. He's that "big boy" who is independent and likes to do things himself. He's that "big boy" who sometimes, if im lucky, will crawl up in my lap and just snuggle...until he realizes...then its a quick get away and back to playing buzz lightyear and singing the monkey song.
I'm sad he's growing up so fast, but thankful I get to watch him grow into the wonderful person God had made him to be.

And thankful I get to do it all over again with Kasen(:


1 comment:

  1. and they are so thankful to have you in their lives, too!

    you rock. love you. n

    ReplyDelete