Friday, February 4, 2011

i had this dream once before...

There I was, walking through this field. Everything was dead and grey...completely unlively. With each step, i could hear sticks breaking beneath my feet...it all felt so real. I felt so lonely and broken. I was empty and hurting. Was this all that was left for me? I continued walking and out of nowhere there was this red balloon..the only color for miles and miles...just floating there. It wasn't tied to anything. Nothing was forcing it to stay in one place. It just was. Hesitating, I reached out and grabbed it. As soon as my hand touched the ribbon, everything bad that has ever happened, every hurtful and damaging situation, everything that has filled me with fear played before me like a movie.
Prying my fingers loose, I let go of the balloon and fell to the ground sobbing. "I give up." I said to myself. I laid there crying, trembling with fear. All of a sudden, something was different. I felt this overwhelming sense of warmth and peace. I uncovered my face, gazing up to see a man towering over me. His arm outstreched, He took my hand in His. Fingers entwined, He pulled me to my feet. He took my face in His hands, wiped the tears from my eyes and said, "Come to Me, my child. Listen to who you are. You are Mine. I have made you beautiful." I began looking around for the balloon. It was gone and everything was alive. The grass was green, there were flowers everywhere, birds were chirping. I looked back into His eyes and we began to dance. Spinning around and around, I felt every burden lift off of my shoulders. I was free. i AM free. :)
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you.I have called you by name, you are mine." -Isaiah 43:1.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment